A fill in the blank Friday courtesy of new mama-to-be (yay!)
Lauren @ the little things we do.
1. My plans this summer include two little girls named Ruthie and Afton. They will be here any minute, and I'm so excited to spend my summer getting to know them and them getting to know us. It's a strange feeling to be starting a family...things will never be the same!
2. The best summer I ever had was high school summers. They were full of lakes, mountains, rivers, friends, camps, ice cream, BBQ's, family trips to the coast, and always, always a major tan. I miss those days. I want my girls to experience the glory of summer in its fullness...the move to a city and the combination of school and work for the past few years, and then the pregnancy this summer, has seriously dampened our fun. But it's definitely a priority for us, and can't wait to get back out there next summer!
3. Summer is backyards, bike rides, open windows, hot pavement on bare feet, sand between my toes, the smell of the sun baking rocks and pine needles, glassy lake water ready for skiis, campfire, and stars.
4. My favorite summer food is fresh fruit and all the ways of preparing it! A huge peach with sticky juice, warm blackberries right off the bush, and though I've never been a fan of watermelon, I'm starting to really enjoy it...as long as it's a good one.
5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with a light summery cocktail. All the morning tv shows have been showing segments on the best summer cocktails, and they have so many good ideas! And for actually replenishing dehydration, coconut juice all the way.
6. My summer uniform consists of shorts and a blouse with flats or a summery dress. Next summer I am going to seriously need to update my wardrobe, though. I've been running on fumes for a loooong time and am running out of excuses!
7. The best thing about summer is also what is best about life: family and friends. I think seasons have effects on relationships, and summer lends a carefree air that is so refreshing.