My sister and I made this sweet and tangy crisp last time I was home...and I suggest that you make this before these summer fruits are past their peak!
Blackberry Peach Crisp
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
3 medium peaches
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons flour, divided
2 tsp. cane sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut peaches into 1/2" pieces and add to a big bowl with the blackberries.
- Add 2 tsp. flour, cane sugar, and cinnamon to the fruit and mix well. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish or pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and cold butter with a pastry cutter or your hands until the butter is the size of peas. Top the fruit with the crisp mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.