I have a post today at Natural Parents Network for the Simply Living Carnival about making your own Lavender & Tea Tree Herbal Laundry Booster. Check it out!
"We're a no-fragrance detergent family, but sometimes it feels good to slip into a warm bed, sheets fresh out of the dryer, and catch the subtle smell of soothing lavender and refreshing tea tree.
As someone who is sensitive to synthetic scents, essential oils are a wonderful way to add safe and natural fragrances to cleaning supplies, achieving that "fresh and clean" scent that I love. Not only do essential oils have great fragrance, but many of them have antiseptic, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Lavender oil is one of the most versatile oils and is a must-have for every natural health cabinet: it disinfects, improves sleep quality, soothes tension and headaches, promotes respiratory health, treats skin problems, and much more. Tea tree oil is anti-viral and anti-fungal, also treats skin problems, repels insects, stimulates the immune system, and can control mold and mustiness.
Continue reading at Natural Parents Network for the recipe ››
Thank you for visiting the Simply Living Blog Carnival cohosted by Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children, Laura at Authentic Parenting, Jennifer at True Confessions of a Real Mommy, and Joella at Fine and Fair. Read about how others are incorporating eco-friendly living solutions into their everyday lives. We hope you will join us next month, as the Simply Living Blog Carnival focuses on Daily Lives!
- Green Renovating: A Lot, A Little, Not So Much - Laura at Authentic Parenting ponders about the many things that have an impact on eco-friendly renovating
- Growing Native in My Flower Beds - Destany at They Are All of Me takes the guilt out of her flower habit by switching from high maintenance flowers to native plants which not only lessens her gardening load, but also benefits the local wild life.
- Baby Steps - Kellie at Our Mindful Life shares how her family became more sustainable, one step at a time.
- A Greener Holiday - Sara from Family Organic discusses the overwhelming amount of "stuff" that comes with every holiday and talks about how to simplify instead.
- Forcibly Green--Obligatory Organic - Survivor at Surviving Mexico talks about her family's evolution from passive to active green and sustainable living.
- Giving It Away - Juliet Kemp of Twisting Vines writes about the role of Freecycle, the giant karmic lending library, in her simple and green living.
- Simply Sustainable - Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children discusses her family's attempts to live in harmony with the earth by living simply and more sustainably.
- How Does Your Yarden Grow - Alisha at Cinnamon&Sassafras writes about an ongoing permaculture project, converting her grass lawn into a mower-free paradise.
- Green? - Is it about ticking the boxes? sustainablemum shares her thoughts on what being green means in her life.
- Using Cloth Products To Reduce Household Waste - Angela from Earth Mama's World shares how her family replaced many disposable household products with cloth to reduce their household waste.
- Going Green in Baby Steps - Joella of Fine and Fair shares some small, easy steps to gradually reduce your environmental impact.
- Are You Ready To Play Outside?! - Alex from AN Portraits writes about gardening, and playing in the dirt, and how it's O.K. to get dirty, play in the dirt, play with worms, for both adults and kids.
- Lavender and Tea Tree Oil Laundry Booster - At Natural Parents Network, Megan from The Boho Mama shares an all-natural way to freshen laundry.