This year, my new word is Movement.
What Movement (hopefully) looks like for me in 2013:
Family & Personal:
- Taking good care of myself physically, mentally and spiritually so that I can keep up with these busy girls and maintain a positive attitude. Maybe this means a yoga class, or maybe this means just a walk every day.
- Finding a house with a backyard out of downtown so we can run around together without having to walk or drive to the park to find grass. It's hard to find rentals in Portland, but we're keeping our eyes open!
- Moving back into church. We've been MIA for the past year and a half, which is normal and typical for new parents, but we feel like it's time to get back into everything wonderful that the community is doing in our city.
- Movement forward with Umi Sling. I've had a wonderfully encouraging response and am kept busy sewing these beautiful slings, but I want to keep getting the word out about Project Baby Bilum and pack up many more boxes of slings to send to Adriel!
- Keep learning more about running a social enterprise company. I started Umi Sling and then stumbled into the social enterprise world and was overwhelmed, in a good way. It is a whole huge new world to me and I am learning every day about new companies doing incredible things! I've been so inspired by Better Life Bags, Radiant Cosmetics, She Does Justice, and FashionABLE.
- Complete the Kindle version of my eBook, and launch an idea corresponding to the book that I've been tossing around for a while. More details to come!
- Write from the heart, share what I know and learn, not get too caught up in the "should be doings" and just keep it real.
- Learn how to take awesome blog photos with my new camera!!
That's it so far!
What's your 2013 word, goal, or resolution?